Friday, November 13, 2009

Holiday Spirit



I have to say, fall is fabulous! I never realized how much I missed the cold, but it feels as though I've found the missing frosting to the holiday season. Although still delicious, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas never feel quite right without the desire for a warm blanket wrapped around you, a hot beverage, and home baked goods. I feel giddy over holidays in a way I'd forgotten. I love being back in Utah.
The season has also been one of change as we have purchased our first home. I love our new home, or should I say I will once completed. We decided to renovate the kitchen completely, torn out walls, floor and all. I've learned so much, and can hardly wait to move in. The home is in Sandy, only 1/2 hour away from Alta, yippee! Check out the progress:)











3 comments:

Freebairn Family said...

Oh, you poor things! I hope you haven't moved in yet. Remodel work is just that - tons of WORK! You've got guts attacking that kitchen. Way to go! Congrats on the first house - nothing more exciting (except maybe the first baby. . . )

The Smyth Family said...

I'm glad to see you are still alive!! Send me your email address and I'll add you to my blog -- aubriesmyth@gmail.com. I want to get together for lunch with you and Michelle sometime. :D

The Myers said...

Congrats on your new place too!!! The kitchen is going to look great. Next thing, babies?? MMM?? I am so glad you are back in Utah. I used to go down there all the time, but the past year or so it has been dificult to get down there. I am hoping to come down sometime in December. That would be fun to get all the neighborhood friends back together. Good luck with the kitchen, and hope you had a great Thanksgiving.